Yodiz offers possibility to create new issues and user stories via email. From the top navigation bar, select the Grid menu
. From this tab, select Interact via Email
1.1 Select Subdomain
When you access the Interact Via Email option you will land on a page prompting you to select “Subdomain”
for your organization. This subdomain has to be exclusive for each company at Yodiz.
1.2 Select a Project
The existing Projects belonging to the specified Subdomain or Company will appear underneath.
Once you have Selected a project, a detailed view will appear on the bottom right corner of screen.
2. Type of items
You can create 3 type of items via email:
- User Stories
2.1 Add people to Whitelist
Company Users already on Yodiz don’t need to be added in to whitelist in order to create items in Yodiz. While External Users can’t create any items unless they are added to whitelist. Click on Add to whitelist
to allow external users to create Issues, Epics and User Stories in Yodiz.
Note: In case you are using only “Issue Tracker Package” then you can only create Issues in Yodiz by Interact Via Email feature.
- Allow for: You can give access to either one person, entire domain or you can simply select Everyone.
- Specific email: If you have selected the Specific Email option then you have to specify email here.
- Specific Domain: If you have selected the Specific Domain option then you have to specify domain. External Users with emails only from that specified domain, will be able to create the items in Yodiz.
- Everyone: If you have selected the Everyone option then you have simply allowed every External User to create items in Yodiz.
- Default Creator: This user is the existing user of the company on Yodiz. You can choose which user will appear as the default creator of items in Yodiz.
- Auto reply: If you check this option, a confirmation email will confirm items created in Yodiz.
- Company Info: If you check this option, Company Name will appear in the footer of confirmation email under which the item is created in Yodiz.
- Save: Once you have filled in the criterion, click on Save to confirm your entries.
Once you make any entry in whitelist, it will appear under Whitelist Table. You can delete entries from whitelist by clicking on the Bin Icon.
3. Format of Email Address
At this detailed view you will get the unique email addresses for each project as shown in screen shot below.
The format of email address is like
< project key >+< type > @< subdomain name >.yodizemail.com.
4. Format to create items
There are 2 modes to create items.
4.1 Basic Mode – with title, description & attachments
- Create new email
- Subject of email will be Issue Title
- Body of email will be Issue Details
- Attachment in email will be added to Issue attachment.
- send email to project unique email address for issues, e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org
A new issue in Project Team Tesla will be created with these details.
4.2 Advanced Mode – with more information
In Advanced mode you can use following notations to assign responsible, sprint, release, tags and few other things.
- assigned-to: user first-name/user login email address
- Status: status label
- Priority: priority label
- Severity: severity label
- Release: release label/release id e.g. RL-48
- Sprint: sprint label/sprint ids e.g. SP-23
- Tags: comma separated e.g. aa,bb,cc
- Stories: comma separated ids e.g. US-1,US-3
(only valid for Epic to associate existing stories)
These two dots are very important to write to tell system that attributes area is finished. Everything written after “..” will be added to Details section.
4.2.1. Example email
In screen shot below you can see the email created with parameters.
- Only users who are part of yodiz project will be able to create items via email. If somebody sends email to project unique email address and that person email doesn’t exist in Yodiz then an auto-reply email message will be returned to user that they must be part of Yodiz project to create items.
- It is not possible to edit existing items via email at the moment, but we are planning to introduce this feature in near future. So do let us know your feedback.