Yodiz Sprint Board
Sprint is the activity team spends longest time period among the many activities it indulges into such as planning, retrospectives and review. Sprint Board, as name suggest is the place where team activities and performance pertaining a sprint can be seen and monitored. Usually User stories are added to the sprint in sprint review meeting based on their priority. Product owner and team gets involve in this process of assigning user stories to a Sprint (Sprint Backlog). Once a sprint is created, user stories are added to sprint, team members are assigned to the user stories. Team members further divide stories into the tasks and move tasks across the sprint board.
Following are the EASI Board
characteristic of a Scrum Board.
Easy to manage (Sprint Board)
- Easy to create tasks against a user story
- Easy to Assign a responsible person
- Easy to move task from one progress level to another
- Easy to change the status of User Story.
- Easy to track time for task.
- Easy to add communication to the tasks and User Stories.
- Easy to See the Progress on the board
- Easy to navigate
- Velocity of the sprint is present
- Burn-down chart is easily accessible
Accessible (Sprint Board)
- Scrum board should be ubiquitous and accessible to entire team.
- Adding new member to access the specific sprint board
- Sprint board should be available and accessible to the remote team members
- Information updated on scrum board should be seen by all team members.
- Scrum board accessible through mobile devices would be a huge plus.
- Team members should be able to access comments and attachments to User Stories and Tasks
Simple (Sprint Board)
- Simple UI, with one column to display user stories and other columns dedicated for task progression
- Simple UX, actions such as task creation, user assignment to US, US creation should not be complex.
- Easy to find needed information, not frequently needed information should be hidden.
- Useless data should be avoided (data pertaining other sprints, other teams etc.)
- Simple Sprint burn-down charts
- Simple to export data sprint data to other format.
- Easy to navigate through the sprint board
Interactive (Sprint Board)
- Interactive Burn down graphs, progress made on the board should be immediately visible to the graphs.
- Velocity is calculated based on User Stories created on previous sprint, it should be firm.
- On target Indicators, as sprint progress those indicators should show how close or far team is from the target.
Yodiz Scrum Board
Left most column of Yodiz scrum board contains the Users Stories. Team create Tasks again each user story and use New, In Progress and Done
progress statuses to express the progress of a user story on the board. Similarly progress of the User story can also be monitored using different US specific progress tags. Yodiz scrum board is full of very useful information for the team. It provides:
- Simple Board View
- One click Task creation
- Drag and drop status change
- Easy US Creation
- The facility of adding comments to Task & US
- A facility of changing severity level.
- A filter, to see assigned US to team members
- A filter, to see US with different severity levels
- A facility of inline US priority setting
- A facility of duplicating a US
- A facility of changing the progress of US and Tasks.
- A Details view for US and Tasks
- A possibility of Time tracking (estimate, spent and left)
- A facility of hiding certain progress columns (New, In Progress, Done).
- A facility of collapsing/minimizing US and task to simplify the view.
- The Burn down chart.
- Summary progress, to check plan accuracy
- The Sprint progress indicators (Estimated, daily expectations, hours spent)
- The Sprint Velocity
- The percentage of US progress
- The percentage of Issue progress
- The sprint start and end date
- The status of the sprint
- The facility of adding attachments to the sprint.
- The facility of setting and updating a sprint goal.
- The option of exporting Sprint data.
- Dedicated views for Task and Issues.