Workflow is an assortment of statuses, which are used to track the progress of an item. Each Project item follows a workflow that is defined per item type.
You can use provided built-in workflows for your project or define your own workflow. Your defined workflow scheme is reusable by other projects of your organization.
To track an item workflow, basic statuses are divided into three categories:
- In Progress
Using the Workflow, you can create new statuses under the provided three main categories. These statuses are customizable. You can add, edit and delete them. These new statuses can be used within the workflow and hence by all projects following the same scheme. A workflow scheme is associated with one or multiple Projects. Built-in workflow schemes are readily available to use.
List of Built-in workflows:
Each project and team have different needs and constraints. Built-in workflows are defined to help you start working easily. You can still edit these workflows and modify them according to your needs. Built-in workflows cannot be deleted though.
- Default Scheme – defined statuses are kept generic and commonly used in tracking project progress.
- Software Development Workflow – statuses defined according to commonly used terms in software projects.
- Simplified Software Development – suitable for the teams who want to use a simplified structure for tracking item progress.
- Support and Maintenance Workflow – contains a built-in set of statuses for tracking customer tickets and following item progress.
- Business Management – to follow progress of a project related to business processes