Epic can contain one or many User Stories. If an Epic is defined as a Feature then all its small functionalities, including development and support tasks are usually defined in User Stories.
- An Epic has direct association with User Story.
- The associated User Stories under one Epic are not necessarily part of the same Sprint and Release.
- To create a user story under an epic, simple add user story
- You can create a new user story or associate it with an existing User Story through Epic Details > User Stories > Associate Existing User Stories.
- Each Epic listed on Epic board also shows associated user stories and their current status. Monitor user story progress through Epic Board.