In this article, we are going to explain “How to integrate TestRail” in Yodiz. Follow each step to ensure flawless TestRail integration. We are going to cover following topics in detail.
- TestRail Configuration
- Importing data from TestRail
- TestRail Tab
- TestRail Association
- TestRail Disassociation
1. TestRail Configuration
Click on the icon at the Top left of the Yodiz home page, a popup will open. Under the second tab named “Integrations” click on the first option named TestRail.
2. Import data from TestRail
You need following things in order to import data from TestRail.
- A domain provided by TestRail e.g xyz.testrail.net
- TestRail username, it is normally an email address.
- API Access Approved in TestRail for this username. (Importing wouldn’t be possible otherwise).
- TestRail password, which is associated with your TestRail username. Your password is only used for authentication purpose.
Fill in the details and click on Save Credentials.
3. TestRail Tab
Once you have configured Test Rail, it will appear in the popup and detailed view of Issues, User Stories, Tasks and Epics.
4. TestRail Association
TestRail association is unlimited, you can associate One to Many and Many to Many.
One test case can be associated with many Issues, User Stories, Epics, Sprints, Releases and Tasks.
- Many to Many associations
Many Test Cases can be associated across multiple Issues, User Stories and Epics, Sprints, Releases and Tasks.
The highlighted arrow icon takes you to your TestRail page and the detailed information about that Test Case will show up.
5. Test Rail Disassociation
Test Cases can be disassociated by clicking on the highlighted icon at the right end of Test Cases list.