Release board is a higher level view of User Stories progress, independent of sprints. It provides a great way to monitor the progress of the User Stories at release level. Board may contain several columns each dedicated for the progress of user stories. User Stories on the board may or may not belong to a sprint.
Following are the EASI Board
characteristic of a Release Board.
Easy to manage (Release Board)
- On release board it should be easy to create a user story
- Release board should have an option of easily adding existing or new user story to the current board.
- A responsible person to the user story could be added on the release board.
- Mechanism of changing status of the US on release board should be easy.
- Facility of adding communication to the US should be available
- Should be easily see the progress of the user story on the release board.
- Release Burn-down chart should be easily accessible on the release board.
Accessible (Release Board)
- Release board should be ubiquitous and accessible to entire team.
- Adding new member to access the specific sprint board
- Release board should be available and accessible to the remote team members
- Information updated on release board should be seen by all team members.
- Release board accessible through mobile devices would be a huge plus.
- Team members should be able to access comments and attachments to User Stories and general comments pertaining to release.
- Release goal should be easily view-able.
Simple (Release Board)
- Simple UI, with dedicated column pertaining progress of the User stories.
- Simple UX, actions such as US creation, comments addition, and edition should be easy.
- Easy to find needed information, not frequently needed information should be hidden.
- Useless data should be avoided (data pertaining other releases, other teams etc)
- Simple Release burn-down charts
- Simple to export release data to other format.
- Easy to navigate through the Release board.
- Easy and simple to access the sprint associated with current release.
Interactive (Release Board)
- Interactive release Burn down graphs, progress made on the board should be immediately visible to the graphs.
- On target Indicators, as release progress those indicators should show how close or far team is from the target.
Yodiz Release Board
Release board is a higher level view of User Stories progress, independent of sprints. It provides a great way to monitor the progress of the User Stories at release level. Board may contain several columns each dedicated for the progress of user stories. User Stories on the board may or may not belong to a sprint. Benefits of release board are plenty; a few of them are listed below. User can see the progress of the story using different type of filters and many more features mentioned below.
- Easy tracking of User Story progress
- Simple Board View
- One click User Story creation
- Drag and drop US from one progress level to another
- The facility of adding comments to User Story
- The facility of changing severity level of US
- The filter, to see assigned US to team members
- The filter, to see US with different severity levels
- The facility of inline US priority setting
- The facility of duplicating a US
- See the associated sprint attached to current release.
- The facility of hiding certain progress columns (Open, Completed, Ready to Release).
- The facility of collapsing/minimizing US and task to simplify the view.
- The Burn down chart.
- Summary progress, to check plan accuracy
- The Sprint progress indicators (Estimated, daily expectations, hours spent)
- The Sprint Velocity
- The percentage of US progress
- The percentage of Issue progress
- The sprint start and end date
- The status of the sprint
- The facility of adding attachments to the sprint.
- The option of exporting Release data.
- Setting up the release goal