Assigning a dedicated board for issues just like stories is a good and unique way of keeping track of progress the issues. Setting different severity level and allowing applying filter on those level gives leverage to team of working on the issues which are more important than others. Also having a board for issues helps monitoring and managing bugs effectively. Following are the EASI Board characteristic of an Issue Board.
Easy to manage (Issue Board)
- It should be easy to create new bug or moving existing bugs from bugs backlog to the issue board.
- A responsible person to resolve the bug could be added on the issue board.
- Mechanism of changing status of a bug on issue board should be easy.
- Mechanism of changing the severity level of the bug on issue board should be easy.
- Facility of adding communication to the bug should be easy.
- Should be easily seeing the progress of the bugs on the issue board.
- Should be able to easily see the bugs of different severity
Accessible (Issue Board)
- Issue board should be ubiquitous and accessible to entire team.
- Adding new member to access the specific issue board
- Issue board should be available and accessible to the remote team members
- Information updated on Issue board should be seen by all team members.
- Issue board accessible through mobile devices would be a huge plus.
- Team members should be able to access comments and attachments to a specific bug.
Simple (Issue Board)
- Simple UI, with dedicated column pertaining progress of the bugs.
- Simple UX, actions such as bug creation, comments addition, and edition should be easy.
- Easy to find needed information, not frequently needed information should be hidden.
- Useless data should be avoided
- Simple to export release data to other format.
- Easy to navigate through the issue board.
Interactive (Issue Board)
- Hide able columns to show the progress of the board are recommended.
Yodiz Issue Board
Assigning a dedicated board for issues just like stories is a good and unique way of keeping track of progress the issues. Setting different severity level and allowing applying filter on those level gives leverage to team of working on the issues which are more important than others. Also having a board for issues helps monitoring and managing bugs effectively.
- Easy tracking of Issues
- Simple Board View
- One click Issue creation
- Drag and drop Issues from one progress level to another
- Add comments to an Issue on the board
- The facility of changing severity level Issues
- Customizable severity level names for issues
- The filter, to see assigned Issues to team members
- The filter, to see Issues with different severity levels
- The facility of duplicating an issue
- See the associated sprint attached to current release.
- The facility of hiding certain progress columns (New, In Progress, Resolved and Closed).
- The facility of collapsing/minimizing Issues to simplify the view.
- The time Issue was created
- The facility of adding attachments to an issue
The option of exporting Issue board data.