This graph gives you a display of Sprint Velocity (Velocity is based upon rate of completion of User Stories). It also gives you related statistics for an in-depth analysis.
How this graph can help you
The Velocity and related measures of Average Velocity can help a manager deduce the rate at which User Stories are being completed by the team. This, in effect, lets a manager know how quickly and how efficiently the team is operating, and if it is found to be lacking, corrective measures can be taken to address this. Changes in the values of velocity and average velocity can reflect whether an improvement has been made.
How to add Sprint Velocity into your dashboard
- Choose any dashboard where you want to add the Sprint Velocity
- Click “add new widget” from top right
- Find the “Sprint Velocity” from the list of widgets in the bottom of the page.
- Add the widget by clicking on the plus sign on it.
How to Interpret this graph
- The Y-axis of the graph shows you Plan Estimates.
- The X-axis of the graph shows you Sprints.
- The values for Best velocity and Worst velocity reflect the best and worst achieved velocities over the course of several sprints.