The Change in Sprint Scope Graph shows the user stories added or removed during the Sprint life cycle, this graph gives a full view of scope change during the course of sprint.
Since scrum team is a self-organised team, Agile manifesto doesn’t directly address the scope changes in the sprint, it is left up to the sprint team to decide how to handle it. Not all the work is known by scrum team during the sprint planning, that is the reason some teams take some buffer area in their effort estimation to handle any new item which will be added into the running sprint.
Yodiz Sprint Scope Graph doesn’t help you to optimize your sprint scope, but it help you to understand what changes have been done during the sprint, so you can compare what was the original scope and how, by how much, by whom and when the sprint scope has changed.
How this graph can help you
- It helps you to understand why the sprint gets delayed
- Adding new item during the sprint requires more effort from the team
- Amount of user stories added or removed after the sprint has started
- Granular information regarding
- When a new User Story has been added, day-by-day view of work added or removed from the sprint.
- What was the total sum of effort [effort estimate of all the US] added during the sprint lifecycle, this roughly should be equivalent to the time/duration for which your sprint get delayed.
- Help to identify the sprint planning accuracy
How to add “Sprint Scope Change Graph” in your dashboard
- Choose any dashboard were you want to add the graph
- Click “add new widget” from top right
- Find the “Sprint scope Graph” from the list of widgets in the bottom of the page.
- Add the widget by clicking on the plus sign on it
- Project: Choose any project whom you want to see the sprint
- Sprint/Iteration: Shows data assigned to the selected sprint.
- Start Date: The date you would like the report to start. By default its the start date of sprint
- End Date: The date you would like the report to end. By default its the end date of sprint
- You can choose any custom start or end date, for e.g you are only interested to know the new work which is added in first five days of sprint.
- Filter the report by work added or removed in the sprint.
Tip:You can add the “Component in user story Gadget” to your dashboard multiple times, if you wish to track multiple projects.