1. Access MethodsIn order to access the Uservoice integration. there are two ways :
Note: Integrations access can be restricted by Super Admin. If you could not find following menu options then contact your organization Yodiz admin. for the access.
- Via Administration
To access Uservoice integration pages:
- Go to Main Navigation Menu rightmost settings icon > Administration
- Select from Navigation menu, Integrations > Uservoice
Tip: Administration part of application is only visible to users, having specific Admin. rights
- Via Integrations Menu
- Go to leftmost Navigation Menu > Integrations > Uservoice
2. Add Uservoice Account
To integrate your already existing Uservoice account in Yodiz:
- Go to Uservoice Integration page by clicking on main navigation menu, > Integrations > Uservoice
- Add Account by entering SubDomain, Consumer Key and Consumer Secret
- Click on Setup Now will add account in Yodiz with following details:
- “Allow access” for Yodiz to fetch Uservoice tickets.
- Clicking on the account will fetch its tickets on the right side of panels
Note: All Messages made from Yodiz are posted as public.
3. Working with Uservoice TicketsYodiz-Uservoice integration page shows information in hierarchical 4 panels.
- Linked Uservoice account
- List of tickets
- Details of Selected ticket
- List of linked Yodiz Items
3.1 Search Uservoice TicketsIn Yodiz – Uservoice integration page, you can view ticket description, comments and attachments. you can search tickets with 2 types of built-in filters.
- Context filters: Use Search drop down menu to see context filters. Follow the screenshot below:
- All Tickets are sorted in descending “Created on” order by default.
- No further sorting toggle is available for Tickets.
- Status Filter: You can also Filter Tickets by their Status.
3.2. Feedback Support
You can also take help regarding your Ticket from Feedback support. Follow the screenshot below:
3.3. Link Tickets with Items
Uservoice ticket can be linked to an existing or new Yodiz item (User Story, Issue). Linking will copy ticket information to Yodiz item. Use Link dropdown button to link items.
3.3.1 Linking to New Yodiz Item:If you are linking to a new Yodiz item then, it will copy following Uservoice ticket information: Title of Ticket, Description, and attachments (of comments, if there is any)
3.3.2 Linking to Existing Yodiz Item:If you are linking to an existing Yodiz item then, it will not copy this new Uservoice ticket information to existing Yodiz item. A Tag will be automatically generated in Yodiz item for this ticket linking.
3.4 Unlink Tickets with ItemsTo unlink tickets with Yodiz items,
- Locate and click on the linked Item ID.
- Remove the Tag (consisting of service name-domain name-ticket ID) from the Tags field and Save.
4. Unlink AccountIntegrated Uservoice account can also be unlinked from Yodiz.
- From Navigation menu, select Integrations > Uservoice
- The list of integrated accounts can be viewed in the far left panel of the Uservoice Integration screen.
- Click on the ellipses icons and select Unlink option.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Can I use more than one Uservoice accounts in Yodiz?Yes, you can add more than one Uservoice account in Yodiz. Add your existing Account from Uservoice integration page.
What information is included in ticket linking?Ticket linking copies ticket title, description, attachment and a tag is automatically added to Yodiz item. Tag format is: “service name-domain name-ticket ID”.
If there is change in ticket description later, then will it be copied to Yodiz item?Yes, Uservoice ticket description changes are fetched and viewed from Uservoice integration pages in Yodiz. Note: Description of Yodiz item is copied only when you link the item for the first time. Any later changes in Uservoice ticket will only be shown in Uservoice integration pages.
Why I cannot see linking to a User story, option in integration pages?Possible reasons are:
- Check your User rights that if you can add a user story generally in that project or not.
- User Story linking is for the users, who are using complete Yodiz Agile Lifecycle Management tool. If you are using Yodiz Issue Tracker Only, then User Story option will not be available.
Can I link a ticket to different project?Yes, you can link a ticket to any project. If you link a ticket to a Yodiz item then at the time of link creation, you will see item information in Detailed view. Here, you can change Project field value and save it. You can later change project field value as well.
How can I know, that ticket is linked to which item?Uservoice integration page in Yodiz shows linked items on the right most panel. Select a ticket from left panel and it will show all linked items accordingly.
Can I see details of a ticket quickly?On Yodiz boards, linked items show tags in widget view. if you click specifically on green Uservoice icon mentioned on a tag , it will directly take you to that particular ticket on Uservoice integration pages and you can see ticket details, comments and attachment. You can also see list of other linked yodiz items on right most panel.
How can I get Uservoice Consumer Key and Consumer Secret?Uservoice API key is the API key is the Consumer Key that you need while integrating with Yodiz. To get Consumer key:
- Login to Uservoice
- Click on Settings icon at the bottom left corner
- Click on the integrations tab (tab 5) from the top bar.
- Select “UserVoice API keys”.
- On the landing page, click on Add API key button.
- Provide name for the API key and fill in optional details
- Click on checkbox “Trusted”
- Click on Add API key button in order to save this key.
Why cannot I see an attachment in Yodiz linked item while it is in Uservoice comments?There is import size limit. Attachments exceeding 10 MB are not imported.