Freshdesk integration with Yodiz made collaboration with Customer Support teams more efficient. Technical team can now view customer requests, and fix it with ease. You can convert Freshdesk tickets into Yodiz Issues or User Stories.
1. Access Methods
In order to access the Freshdesk integration, there are two ways:
Note: If you could not find following menu options then contact your organization Yodiz admin. for the access. Integrations access can be restricted by Super Admin.
- Via Administration Menu
To access Freshdesk:
- Go to Main Navigation Menu rightmost settings icon > Administration
- Select from Navigation menu, Integrations > Freshdesk
- Via Integrations Menu
- Go to leftmost Navigation Menu > Integrations > Freshdesk
Tip: Administration part of application is only visible to users, having specific Admin. rights
2. Add Freshdesk Account
To integrate your already existing Freshdesk account in Yodiz:
- Go to Freshdesk Integration page by clicking on main navigation menu, > Integrations > Freshdesk
- Add Account by entering Sub Domain, and Freshdesk Key
- Fill in following details and click on Setup Now:
Sub Domain: You get Sub Domain, when you sign up for a Freshdesk account. This is usually your company name. For example, if yodiztest is your domain name then your sub domain would look like: http://yodiztest.freshdesk.com.
Freshdesk Key: is actually Freshdesk API key. See How to get Freshdesk key//link
- Clicking on the account will fetch its tickets on the right side of panels
3. Working with Freshdesk Tickets
Yodiz-Freshdesk integration page shows information in hierarchical 4 panels. Panels from left side to right are:
- Linked Freshdesk account
- List of tickets
- Details of Selected ticket
- List of linked Yodiz Items
3.1 Search Freshdesk Tickets
In Yodiz – Freshdesk integration page, you can view ticket description, comments and attachments. you can search tickets with 2 types of built-in filters.
- Context filters: Use Search drop down menu to see context filters. Follow the screenshot below:
- Status Filter: You can also Filter Tickets by their Status.
- Status of Tickets can be viewed in the header of selected Ticket.
- Tickets with Closed status do not allow for any further comments or status change.
- By default, Tickets are sorted by latest updated order.
Note: “Everything” in search, looks for Ticket Description, Title and Comments but NOT the Ticket ID.
3.2 Link Tickets with Items
Freshdesk ticket can be linked to an existing or new Yodiz item (User Story, Issue). Linking will copy ticket information to Yodiz item. Use Link dropdown button to link items.
3.2.1 Linking to New Yodiz Item:
If you are linking to a new Yodiz item then, it will copy following Freshdesk ticket information: Title of Ticket, Description, and attachments (of comments, if there is any)
3.2.2 Linking to Existing Yodiz Item:
If you are linking to an existing Yodiz item then, it will not copy this new Freshdesk ticket information to existing Yodiz item. A Tag will be automatically generated in Yodiz item for this ticket linking.
3.3 Unlink Tickets with Items
To unlink tickets with Yodiz items,
- Locate and click on the linked Item ID
- Remove the Tag (consisting of service name-domain name-ticket ID) from the Tags field and Save.
- From Navigation menu, select Integrations > Freshdesk
- The list of integrated accounts can be viewed in the far left panel of the Freshdesk Integration screen.
- Click on the ellipses icons and select Unlink option.
Can I use more than one Freshdesk accounts in Yodiz?
Yes, you can add more than one Freshdesk account in Yodiz. Add your existing Account from Freshdesk integration page.
What information is included in ticket linking?
Ticket linking copies ticket title, description, attachment and a tag is automatically added to Yodiz item. Tag format is: “service name-domain name-ticket ID”.
If there is change in ticket description later, then will it be copied to Yodiz item?
Yes, Freshdesk ticket description changes are fetched and viewed from freshdesk integration pages in Yodiz. Note: Description of Yodiz item is copied only when you link the item for the first time. Any later changes in Freshdesk ticket will only be shown in Freshdesk integration pages.
Why I cannot see linking to a User story, option in integration pages?
Possible reasons are:
- Check your User rights that if you can add a user story generally in that project or not.
- User Story linking is for the users, who are using complete Yodiz Agile Lifecycle Management tool. If you are using Yodiz Issue Tracker Only, then User Story option will not be available.
Can I link a ticket to different project?
Yes, you can link a ticket to any project. If you link a ticket to a Yodiz item then at the time of link creation, you will see item information in Detailed view. Here, you can change Project field value and save it. You can later change project field value as well.
How can I know, that ticket is linked to which item?
Freshdesk integration page in Yodiz shows linked items on the right most panel. Select a ticket from left panel and it will show all linked items accordingly.
Can I see details of a ticket quickly?
On Yodiz boards, linked items show tags in widget view. if you click specifically on green freshdesk icon mentioned on a tag , it will directly take you to that particular ticket on freshdesk integration pages and you can see ticket details, comments and attachment. You can also see list of other linked yodiz items on right most panel.
How can I get Freshdesk key?
Freshdesk API key is the token that you need while integrating with Yodiz.
To get Freshdesk key:
- Login to Freshdesk
- Click on your profile picture on the top right corner
- Select Profile Settings
- Look for API key on the right side of screen, under Change Password section
- Copy your API key value and save the key for future use
Why cannot I see an attachment in Yodiz linked item while it is in Freshdesk comments?
There is import size limit. Attachments exceeding 10 MB are not imported.
4. Unlink Account
Integrated Freshdesk account can also be unlinked from Yodiz.